Thursday, December 31, 2009

My wish in the dead of night and my prayer in the light of day...

To be in that place where it's just you and me

Breathing together...
Dancing together...
Laughing together...


Looking so deep into each others' eyes that I lose all thought of another life

That I forget what was once important to me

That I forget about all the worries and strife

To be in a kingdom that is not of this world

This is my hearts' deepest desire...
The prayer I pray with ever breath I take...


To be in that place that He has prepared for me

For I am an alien here...

I do not belong to this world,
and I do not wish to be in it!

But I want to carry out the plan that He has set before me...

I will strive to be a servant to the most high King from this earth...

To live in this place and carry out the purpose that He has created me for.

To cry out to the mountains that He alone is the soverign Lord!
That He alone is the one I sing praises to...
He alone is the one that I love...
He alone holds my heart...
He alone knows number of hairs on my head,

the number of tears that I cry...

He holds them all, and He sheds the same tears for me...

He heals the broken hearted and holds high the one that has fallen

I run, but where can I run that is out of his sight?

I cannot run from His persistent love... It overwhelms me!

It is like an ocean crashing all around me...
taking my breath away from me so I am gasping for air...

and He is the air that brings relief to my empty lungs...

He is the one who's majestic beauty knocks me to my knees!

He is the one who's mercy lifts me up each time I stumble and fall!

He owns me! No one can take me from His presence.

I am my Beloved's, and He is mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment